Alt Coin Era
Altcoinera
  • Home
  • Development
  • Small Indie Developers Can Now Compete With Giant Studios Through ‘Crypto Arcade Playground’
Development

Small Indie Developers Can Now Compete With Giant Studios Through ‘Crypto Arcade Playground’

For small indie game designers, the advent of Apple’s App Store and Google Play has turned out to be both a curse and a blessing.

While one-man bands could upstage a portion of the world’s biggest game publisher at first – Flappy Bird, anybody? –established studios have begun to catch speed, with rivalry in the marketplace rifle and high commission fees eating into already tight net revenues.

PlayGame says designers on its platform keep 100 percent of their income, a long ways from purported “Goliath” platforms that take up to 30 percent of profit.

Its system will allow any developer to present their token economy in the games they release – empowering them to remunerate regular players with coins and introduce pool prizes for competitions and other multiplayer games.

The organization says it needs to profit developers and their fans through two key building blocks. Right off the bat, it intends to launch PlayGame.com – a direct-to-play HTML5 gaming platform which aims to “improve promoting and circulation.” Through this site, players will have the ability to get to new games from their PCs or smartphones without requiring to download an app.

PlayGame is also going to take advantage for crowdfunding through a custom-built platform known as the FunFund Initiative. It’s trusted this will empower developers to connect with cryptocurrency holders who are hoping to help outside the indie developers.

In its white paper, the startup says that it has a team of more than 20 experts driving the PlayGame site – every one of whom share a dream of empowering entrepreneurs to “convert their game ideas into fully functional games that can be appreciated by a huge number of individuals regardless of their location, origin, game devices or financial status.”

PlayGame says the crypto world’s potential for gaming has just been demonstrated through endeavours, for example, CryptoKitties, where players can purchase and offer rare collectables. Specifically, the startup is interested in focusing on the Japanese market.

The organization’s CEO, Anton Soeharyo, founded TouchTen – which PlayGame depicts as “a standout amongst the best successful organizations in Indonesia” after releasing more than 50 titles and accumulating more than 50 million downloads. It claims one TouchTen product, Infinite Sky, made it into the main 10 downloads chart on Apple’s App Store in 43 territories.

Among now and the year’s end, PlayGame is planning to additionally build up its platform – paving the way for its site to experience a soft launch in the first half of 2019. Showing its plan of action, the organization says that gamers would need to utilize PXG tokens with a specific goal to take an interest in time-restricted events, for example, a Sudoku competition. While 90 percent of these charges would come back to players in payouts, the rest of the 10 percent would be isolated among developers and PlayGame on a ratio of 50/50.

A total of 600 million PXG tokens are going up for sale – and 33% of them were saved for the pre-token sale which started back on Sept 10 and has sold out in 5 days. The full token deal, with the remaining 400 million tokens, began two weeks after the fact on Sept 24. It is scheduled to close on Oct 22.

 

Related posts

SEBA Crypto AG Raises $103 Million To Launch Cryptocurrency Bank

knightRider

Lighting Network That Enables Electric Bike To Run On Bitcoin Micropayments

OptimusCrime

Bitfinex Announces The Launch Of New Reporting Tools

OptimusCrime

Leave a Comment